Angel Fish Aggression 29 Gallon Tank

1. Diva51 Initiate Member

I have a 29 gallon tank with 2 angel fish in it. One is white and athe other is a marble. The white angel torments the marbel angel keeping it in a corner. If it ventures out the white angel rushes over to it and shoves it back into the corner. I have to stand at the aquarium to be sure that the marble fish gets enough to eat. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to stop the behavior?

2. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Welcome to the Forum:;balloons

How long have they been in the tank together? I would think that if they are new to the tank they are establishing who is the boss. If they have been there for a while, you may consider removing one of them, taking it back to the lfs. I am sure someone with more experience in angels will come along with more advice. Good Luck

3. crazy4fish_123 Member Member

you may want to remove the white one or the other one if this continues one

4. Neji Member Member

If you have a spare tank, then I strongly recommend that you either put the white or marble angel in that spare tank leaving the other angel (marble, or white) in the main tank, then it should be able to roam free in the tank you have. This can be normal... but the only time I've seen angels act like this is when a new angel has been added to the angel that has been in the tank longer. Which will be meaning that the new angel (possibly your marble one) has invaded the white angel's territory which isn't something good depending on the temper of the fish.

All cichlids are territorial, even though they are all territorial... they are not as territorial as the African Cichlids.