Angel Fins nipped

Ryan.O.

Valued Member
Reaction score
2day when i got up i saw that 1 of my angels had its fins nipped. does any1 know what fish could have done this? and will the fins grow back or will they always b like this?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
From your list, I doubt harlequin rasboras are the culprits, as they're peaceful shoalers. Neither the neons. Do not know about serpae tetras ... perhaps it's the platies or the gourami? Besides ... I know it's none of my business, but your tank is very overstocked, and overstocking may easily lead to aggression among fish, even if the fish are naturally peaceful. Plus, I'd personally recommend at least a 30 gallon tank for angelfish.

If you are not planning on getting a larger tank for all of your fish, at least provide enough hiding spots for all of them to disperse the aggression, and so that the angels have a place to hide when they're being harassed. Also, angelfish and gouramis are known not to be good tankmates.

Ryan.O.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yea i know its overstocked i am looking 4 a new tank. i think its the gourami cause the angelfish that got his fins nipped is always chasing the gourami around.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In my opinion, the fin nipper is the Harlequins because I have had the same problem and I have 6 of them. They will also nip each others fins for hierarchy reasons. Hop this helped.
Tom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom