Angel fin flicking?

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by Eienna, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

What does it mean when an angelfish flicks its ventral fins, the long ones that look like feelers, sometimes ending up tapping them on an object or the substrate? It appears to be some form of communication but maybe you guys can enlighten me on what he's saying (my big male, Odysseus, does it more than my smaller unsexed one)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

It means your Angel wants more beef hearts instead of bloodworms...jk. I don't know.

3. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Darnit AP! I've been watching this one because I want to know too and I started reading your post I was like "What!?!? Beef heart!?!?"

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. OP
    OP
    Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

LOL
    Maybe Catsma would know? Has she even been around lately?

5. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

I saw her on yesterday....

6. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

lol...I would like to know as well.

7. Skazzah

Skazzah Valued Member Member

Does anyone have any information as to what this could be yet? I'm very interested as one of my angelfish does this every now and then :)

8. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

My guess is they are just feeling around with them but I really want to know for sure:)

9. Skazzah

Skazzah Valued Member Member

My fish seems to do it after a water change, move around of deco items, or extra plants being added as the little glutton eats the plants faster than they can grow! So it could be just them checking out their new environment I suppose. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice