Angel Eats Eggs

1. S

Ste Valued Member Member

every goddam time my angels eat their eggs, the first 1-2 spawns were great.. but the third spawn had a bunch of eggs and all infertile, they ate it next day, third spawn had lots of egg, last i check was fine, the next day all gone,, is it some thing wrong with the angel or the material they spawned in ( cement slab )?? Or am i doing anyting wrong?? They can spawn twice or 3 times a week.. i fed them frozen blood worms and some other day live tubifex worms... what is wrong?? I have them in a wll established pond, 2 pairs divided by paving in between, about 38.30.28 (l.d.w) they have algae in them, and floating plants, but no broad leaf plants, also some little subtrate gravel.. a pair of gold gold and a pair of marble marble... What abaout your spawns guys?? Should i take the eggs once layed?

2. meyowmeow

meyowmeow Valued Member Member

3. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

It can take angelfish Many many tries until they figure it out. I've had some figure it out on one try and some need 10 tries before they get it right. They just need practice. If you really would like to raise babies and don't want to wait for them to figure it out you can remove the eggs and try and hatch them yourself.

One thing I find alarming about your post is that you're saying that they're spawning sometimes two to three times per week? That would be impossible for one pair to spawn more than once a week... the female simply would not be able to produce enough eggs to spawn two to three times in a one week period.

4. OP
    OP
    S

Ste Valued Member Member