Angel compatibility

Izabela

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have a 50 Gal tank with 4 guppies, 3 lyretail mollies, 5 regular mollies, 3 cory cats an algea eater and a gourami. I'd like to add an Angelfish...is this safe/feasible??? I certainly don't want any more aggression (had to get all these female mollies to stop my males from fighting), but also would love to add an agel to my collection. Any help would be appreciated.

Izabela

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Angels and Gouramis don't usually go well together.
Carol

hjkaga

Reaction score
both liveaquaria.com say that angelfish and gouramis are compatible.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gouramis tend to pick at the fins of Angel fish. Those sites also say Gouramis are peaceful fish. In my experience this has not been the case. They can be very aggressive and territorial as can the Angelfish. Although it would make a beautiful display thats why I advise not to put them together.
Carol

Izabela

Valued Member
Reaction score
I guess I should correct myself...he's actually a dwarf gourami...sorry. Although he does have a fav. spot of the aquarium, he is quite docile towards the other fish...has not nipped at anyone yet....hmmm. How about guppys....would the angel try to have them for lunch?  :-\

Izabela

hjkaga

Reaction score
Butterfly said:
Gouramis tend to pick at the fins of Angel fish. Those sites also say Gouramis are peaceful fish. In my experience this has not been the case. They can be very aggressive and territorial as can the Angelfish. Although it would make a beautiful display thats why I advise not to put them together.
Carol
thanks for the info...i am just learning all about fish and what sites to rely on and stuff.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
not to mention in ,in my experience, some guppies especially males will nip at your angel but i think it all depends...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom