Anemones (food, position in the tank)?

1. Kevin F Initiate Member

What's happening guys.

I am fairly new to the world of saltwater inverts and had a question about caring for the anemone I added to my tank at the begining of the week. I just couldn't resist the temptation of seeing my clownfish interact with the anemone. Anyways, I noticed that the anemone has moved to a different rock than where I originally placed him in the tank (middle, top of the tank). It's now positioned itself closer to the filter intake and a little closer to the top of the tank. My question is, will the anemone find it's own perfect spot to plant itself? Also, other than feeding it liquid food along with my corals is there anything else I should be feeding it?

Thanks for your help.
    Kevin

2. Jon Well Known Member Member

Re: Anemones (food, position in the tank)???

Hey,

Yea they move themselves a bit but you might consider moving the rock its on to a different space... they try to get in strong currents but i hear its not good to have them near filter intakes.

As for food you can use the liquid but i have heard of people putting small dead fish on them... I read it in a book and the anemone just takes it in and digests it... the book said if you feed it that way that you need to feed it once a week. Hmm... make sure your tank has a good current so food can drift near them.

3. teddybear22482 Member Member

Re: Anemones (food, position in the tank)???

Try broken off peices of frozen brine shrimp. I used to hand feed the one we had when I was a child...it was so much fun. In fact I cant remember any other fish we had in that tank. Just the anemone.. :D

4. bhcaaron Well Known Member Member

How have your anemone adventures gone, Kevin?