Help Anemone

riley2019

Reaction score
I just bought a long tentacle anemone almost 1 week ago but it doesn’t seem to stay upright. I’ve had my tank for 1 year. Does this type of anemone dwell in the sand or on live rock? I’ve tried burying the trunk up to its head but it still comes out. Tentacles and foot are both sticky but idk what’s going on. How do I get my anemone to stay upright or be comfortable. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

AquaPhilNJ

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Maybe it is just me, I just don't know what your posted problem is.
From my understanding Anemones habitat is attaching themselves on to rocks, when I buy one I hope to see it attach itself to something; if anemones just lays on sand or blows around the sand then I suspect it will die. However, in current provided pictures it looks like yours attached itself to the bottom glass of aquarium. I think that will be fine.
Anemones are known to have high requirements for clean stable water conditions, keep this in mind.

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
Here’s a very good article on them. They are very difficult to care for and need very high lighting requirements. Is it just me or the time of the day but your tank seems very dimly lit?
Also the like to attach to a rock in the sand bed.
Good luck but I’ve never heard of very many long term success with them. They need a large tank with near pristine water conditions.

New Threads