And the summer time curse begins...

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mama had a tumor I think and she'd been going down hill for awhile now. Darlin' I'm not sure... She and Draco were from the same breeder and both of them seemed to do the same thing. I wish I could have saved either of them. I thought that she was doing pretty well then I had to run home (to the farm) for a week and she hadn't looked great but I figured that she'd be ok till I got back. However she was gone when I got home. I don't know if she would have taken a car ride any better however I'm taking Bran home with me this time. He seems to be doing fine but I'm to paranoid now to let him out of my sight. <sigh>

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
awwwwww red im so so sorry
was thinking this was a thread on heat in the tanks...rip you beautiful babies!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ah Red, I'm so sorry. I dread the change of seasons with our betta babies. It's always the worst!

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just seem to have the worst luck over the summer...
Thanks everyone.

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ah Red, I'm so sorry. I dread the change of seasons with our betta babies. It's always the worst!
First I'm sorry for your loss.

Lucy, I'm curious what does change of season have to do with bettas, I've never heard that before?

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Justin it's just a pattern that we've noticed on the forum that there seems to be a rash of betta deaths/illnesses around the times when the seasons change. Usually spring and fall are the the ones it seems to show up the most IMO. If you do a search on the betta forum I think that there was a thread discussing it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom