And introducing :)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Magoo, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Hello :)
    Some may already know I have been to my LFS today to pick up a new member of my aquatic family and I have been very excited ;)

He is currently exploring his new home and zooming about so the pictures aren't the greatest but I will show them to you anyway and I will probably post a video later once he has settled.

He still hasn't got a name yet I'm waiting to see what his personality is like.

Introducing my new double tail half moon betta

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353852928.586306.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353852957.191448.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353852977.223323.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353852993.982084.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353853017.691547.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353853036.621002.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353853063.147521.jpg
    And here is his new home

He has a little damage to his top tail but I will soon heal that up.

Thank you for looking

2. JDcichlidlover

JDcichlidloverWell Known MemberMember

He's beautiful :D

3. oscarsbud

oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

He is beautiful!! And I love the tank setup. I am so jealous of the way you can get plants to grow like a jungle.

4. pirahnah3

pirahnah3Fishlore VIPMember

great looking betta you have there, and he has quite the nice tank to enjoy.

5. Tonia

ToniaWell Known MemberMember

Oh Magoo, he is very beautiful!!! What a great looking tank and a beautiful home for this guy!

6. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

How gorgeous! He looks like Kai, only he's a double tail :)

7. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Thank you everyone :) he is zooming about all over the place and thankfully leaving my snails alone lol. He is hunting about for food though so I think he will fit in well :)

8. Disc61

Disc61Well Known MemberMember

very nice, thanks for sharing

9. nippybetta

nippybettaWell Known MemberMember

I get the feeling he's happy to have a big home, finally. He has really great fins.

10. Matt B

Matt BWell Known MemberMember

I know its a bit redundant at this point but he is beautiful Sarah! He's probably just realising what a lucky betta he is to get brought home by you. :)

11. lizzjValued MemberMember

He's really gorgeous. Super lucky to have such a nice home too!

12. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Thank you everyone :) he is settling in well still unnamed though I have a name in mind but it kinda is similar to Mordin but it fits ill keep thinking lol

13. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if his colouring has a specific name like dragon, copper? I know he's not either of those they were just examples lol

14. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Pretty DTVT. Don't see them much. His coloring is just a standard red/blue multi. The tank looks phenomenal.

15. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Hey Sol howya doing? Thank you :) he is a double tail half moon but his top tail is a little raggedy and I haven't had a flare off him yet ;) he's still exploring I reckon I can get his tail back to its former glory in a few weeks if not sooner now he's not sharing a tank with fin nippers

16. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

It's taken all day but have settled on a name my new boy shall be hence forth known as Henry :)

17. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

I didn't think he had the branching for HM. Normally they call all DTs DTHM in petstores. Though, when you get a good flaring shot we will know. Let him settle in for now, he is beautiful either way.

18. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Thank you Sol he is a handsome boy and has had something to eat too so I'm very happy :)

19. binkbenjiValued MemberMember

Stunning fish :) He looks like my first ever fish which was a betta!

Now I'm getting "Fish Envy" and I might need a new tank for Christmas... :p

20. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Thank you he is a beauty I'm really looking forward to getting to know him :) at the moment he doesn't quite realise it is sleepy time and is still zooming around his new home lol he will get used to the routine eventually.

Mordin is using it a perfect opportunity to stay up late too the monkey

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice