Anchor my plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by cyber99fish, Dec 22, 2006.

1. cyber99fishNew MemberMember

I'm a bit green to the live plant world (pardon the pun) but i'm slowly getting rid of my fakes for real.

I have a bunch of fast growing plants with not much root structure per stem. The fish tend to pull them from the gravel on a regular basis. How do I anchor them to the floor?? I have a few small rocks but I don't know how to attach them to the rocks for example. Sorry i don't know the plant name. tall thin single stalks with tiny leaves (look a bit like pipe cleaners) They tend to grow a single root from each stem that seems to have little grip ablity. They are tall and tend to grow fast. ???

2. JmarcusValued MemberMember

The plant your describing sounds like an Anacharis try taking four are five stems and tyeing them together at the base with thread and burying them as deep in the gravle as possible. This is what I do works for me .

3. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Here's a DIY article on making your own plant weights:

4. justhelpingNew MemberMember

I also heard that if you plant them at an angle, (like the bottom of the stems are sort of laying down) that helps them to stay in better also. I need to try that myself! ;D

5. cyber99fishNew MemberMember

thread. OK I'll try it.

I'll read about the weights. Thanks. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice