An interesting betta story

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecnaj143

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I know I'm just a newbie..but I think you might enjoy this story. I was at wal-mart about a month ago...picking up some fish food, when I saw a betta. He looked so sad and so sick...I felt so bad..he looked like he was gonna die soon. Well, I felt bad, and I don't know much about fish...but I bought him anyways. Took him home...put him in a 5gal bowl. I fed him and did what thought was best. I changed his water twice a week, fed him twice a day. Well...a month later, he looks ten times better than he did. He's now in a 10gal well planted aquarium with a mollie and a platy...they all get along good...He's so much better...He even lets me pet him...I love him to death now.

Well thats the story...Hope you enjoyed it.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Aren't Bettas just awesome? That's amazing that yours even lets you pet him. That's great that you got him a tank. I'm sure he is so happy.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is obvious that he feels loved or he would never let you get so close to him, congratulations. It is amazing that he coexists with another long finned fish without there being a bit of a fin nipping problem. He is probably loving the 10 gallon planted tank. They love the room and they love real plants. I hope you have a few really tall ones for him to sleep on.

It sounds like you have his comfort in mind and really love him. I congratulate you.

Rose

OP
E

ecnaj143

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh...I love him to death...my wife gets mad cuz I give him alot of attention...but now that he's getting his color back...she knows why....he's so pretty...he's dark red all over. He's just goregous...maybe I'll get some pic's soon to put up here

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
To young to get job. And my birthday and Christmas lists are taken up with pet stuff and money. : I'll just have to convince my parents they can't live without one. ;D

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That is just the swetest story! Thats how I met Taro, my betta (who is sadly now in fishy heaven). He was being eaten by the other fish in a fish store and I couldn't just leave him so I had to put him in a breeding net in my brothers tank until mine was set up and running and he got better and better ;D He was a very affectionate little guy too... they know when you really love them and they reciprocate the love. I'm getting another one soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Weekly

Votes: 48 66.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 13 18.1%

Top Bottom