An aquarium heater for old people!

ProudPapa

I had to get a new heater, since the one in my 10 gallon tank is turned all the way down and the water is still at 80°. I found this one at Petco, and I can actually read it!

I'll never buy another one that has the tiny black on black embossed numbers.

0101201354.jpg

Cichlidude

Allows you to calibrate it too.

david1978

Mines digital.

kallililly1973

Can be a little tricky to calibrate but definitely a very high quality heater. I ran a 200W in my 55 and it kept a very stable temp. But I have since moved it to my 29 and put an Aqueon Pro 300W in my 55.

angelcraze

My Jagers on my 120 gallon are so old they don't offer an option to calibrate (bought them 2nd hand). But that just goes to show how good the quality is.

ProudPapa

Can be a little tricky to calibrate but definitely a very high quality heater. I ran a 200W in my 55 and it kept a very stable temp. But I have since moved it to my 29 and put an Aqueon Pro 300W in my 55.

You're right about it being tricky to calibrate. I tried once and gave up, and adjusted the setting however many degrees it needed to be to get the desired temp. The thermometer is staying rock steady at 75° so I don't care what the dial on the heater says.

KDS

You can always use a heater controller to make sure the temp is accurate. They are digital and easy to read.

TWiG87

Very nice, Jagers are nice heaters. I just bought one myself for my 20 gallon

Similar Aquarium Threads

• That1FishKeeper
  • Heater
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
  • Question
  • BellaFriedrick
  • Heater
Replies