Ammonia Still up a Day After Water Change.

AquaticQueen

Hello all,
I did a 50% water change on my betta's tank yesterday and the ammonia is still at .25ppm and it's affecting my betta so I'm about to do another 25% water change. The last time I did a water change before yesterday was only 8 days ago. I do have some live plants in my tank, but they aren't shedding much dead matter at all, so why is the ammonia still up?

BigManAquatics

Have you check the source water recently? Maybe they made changes.

jpm995

Like Big Man said check your source water. Having ammo in it is not uncommon. Is the tank cycled? How do you know .25 ammo is what's effecting your betta? That's not very high.

ProudPapa

It's my understanding that 0.25 ppm ammonia is within the margin of error, but even if it's accurate it's not enough to hurt fish.

AquaticQueen

Have you check the source water recently? Maybe they made changes.
No, I haven't checked. I'll do that. Thanks!
Like Big Man said check your source water. Having ammo in it is not uncommon. Is the tank cycled? How do you know .25 ammo is what's effecting your betta? That's not very high.
Yes. The tank is cycled.
Well I guess he could just be stressed because I did change his tank around yesterday. I don't know though, because he's never reacted to it like this before. But hey, he's a
It's my understanding that 0.25 ppm ammonia is within the margin of error, but even if it's accurate it's not enough to hurt fish.
Got it.

So I'm not entirely sure if he's just super sensitive or he's stressed. So I guess I'll just see how he is later. Thanks for the responses!
sensitive little guy so I don't know.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
mischpurdy8932
Replies
Views
toeknee
Replies
Views
bored411