Ammonia Problems Help

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by candle, Apr 3, 2010.

1. c

candle New Member Member

:mad::mad::mad:

Hi all

I am sick of doing water changes! I can not get my tank to cycle, and I don't know why. I changed the filter(it was due), i been doing water changes every day and using prime what is taking so long to get a nitrate or nitrite reading and no ammonia???
    Is there anything else i can do that will make this process easier?

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Changing the filter ruined any progress you may have made, IMO. Cycling with fish is not only hard on the fish, but hard on the keeper. It's worse for the fish, though.

I would get some TSS.

3. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

4. jsides1979

jsides1979 Valued Member Member

I agree with the members above. TSS is a great product and works fast. Don't by nutrafin cycle or stress zyme. If yo can't find it at your LFS go to big al's and order it there. I would give it a few days without water changes to get the bacteria to start forming and use prime only when your readings are really high.

5. OP
    OP
    c

candle New Member Member

thanks you guys! I transferred fish to another tank that is already cycled

6. v

vinny123 New Member Member

ive always used gold fish to cycle a tank with the addition of a few frozen prawns never had anyprobs usually takes max6 weeks changing or cleaning a filter during cycling is a huge mistake!!ask your lfs to squeeze out a few sponges into a bag and tip it in .

7. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

welcome to fishlore vinny123 :;hi2

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice