- Reaction score
- 2 years
To make it easier to find, the spelling is "tulle"ounderfla69 said:I watch a demonstration on it, where the guy used porous clay balls wrapped in tool, a netting sold in fabric stores, or you can use lava rock wrapped in tool. By wrapping it in tool, it makes it easier to position. Then add pea gravel over the bags to help fill in big areas. Then you can put dirt over that.
I would worry about anaerobic decomposition setting in where the water doesn't flow so easily. Not sure that's a good idea for the whole base...GreyShoes said:You can also make the platform out of a foam insulation base covered in hydraulic cement. I used this way to make a background, but it would work the same way for this. Then you don't have to worry about any gradual leveling of the substrate.
Woohoo! I lined them with gravelly which seems to be weighing them down. ))Aquaphobia said:I have those hydro balls! Keep them corralled. The blasted things float!
Thank you!! I'm so glad that I've inspired related projects for you! *u*GreyShoes said:Wow, that looks great! I understand what you mean about the anaerobic decompression. You definitely need water to flow correctly through the aquarium. I did a few testing cycles before I decided on the background I did to make sure there were no pockets of stagnant water. I was planning on using the cement technique again for a Cichlid tank for a friend, but I like your use of PVC piping and I think I'll be incorporating it for a few caves and swim-throughs to reduce a bit of stress on the fish (it'll be in a pretty heavily trafficked area). Again, your tank looks great!