Ammonia Levels! Help Me Cycle!

GuppyDazzle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Add your readings for ammonia and nitrite levels, and do water changes to keep the combined levels at 1 ppm or below. Your fish will be fine, and there will be enough to feed the cycle.

If you're having trouble keeping levels down even with aggressive water changes, you need to figure out what's producing large amounts of ammonia. The most common cause for that is overfeeding. If you have a big snail or something that died, that can produce large amounts of ammonia too. It's coming from somewhere.

AmunetDeVawn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Add your readings for ammonia and nitrite levels, and do water changes to keep the combined levels at 1 ppm or below. Your fish will be fine, and there will be enough to feed the cycle.

If you're having trouble keeping levels down even with aggressive water changes, you need to figure out what's producing large amounts of ammonia. The most common cause for that is overfeeding. If you have a big snail or something that died, that can produce large amounts of ammonia too. It's coming from somewhere.
2 possibly dead snails have been removed and put into a small container that was 3 days ago. I have 2 adult mystery snails and 1 baby nearly medium sized now and there’s also eggs that are possibly hatching but I can’t tell if fertile or not. I’m also guessing it’s over feeding.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom