- Reaction score
- 21 litre (about 5 gallons) cold water tank (sitting around 19-22degrees Celsius)
- Set up for 7 weeks, with 4x white cloud mountain minnows (had 6 but 2 died within the first two weeks (possibly from ammonia poisoning?)
- Feeding the fish only what they can eat within about a minute, 2x daily.
- 0.5ppm ammonia (constant for 7 weeks)
- One small spike in nitrites (after feeding block while on holiday for a week)
- No change in nitrates from 0
- Been doing weekly water change of about 50% every week
- Adding Stability everyday (about ¼ of cap, as advised by pet shop)
- Adding Prime with every water change (to the tap water not tank directly)
- Have used a gravel siphon to remove ‘stuff’ -> no change in parameters.
- Why is ammonia still present, with no change, and why is the nitrite and nitrate level not changing? It appears the tank is not cycling?