Ammonia!! Help!?

BroitSerg

Reaction score
So, I wake up this morning check on my tank everything seems to be looking good. However, I know I'm still cycling the tank so I checked on ammonia levels and it was at 2.0 I've been using the jungle ammonia clear fizz. But, I believe that it only makes the ammonia safe for fish. Is there anyway to remove the ammonia I have a10 gallon tank with a small airstone, a tetra 10i filter, and a aqua tech 5 to 15. All suggestions apprecited.

BroitSerg

Reaction score
TexasDomer said:
Assuming you don't have 2 ppm ammonia in your tap, then water changes are the best way to reduce/remove ammonia.

Are there fish in the tank? What kind and how many?
Yeah I have checked the tap and it is 0 I just did a 50% water change and put some of the jungle ammonia fizz but like I said I know the fizz just makes it not dangerous to fish. It's a 10 gallon tank and yes the tank is over stocked because I bought without doing enough research. So I have 4 tiger barbs 2 corys

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Are you going to be able to get a bigger tank in the very near future (29 gal is a good minimum for the fish you have now)? If not, I'd rehome them, do a fishless cycle, then stock appropriately once the tank is cycled

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom