Ammonia conserns

vyrille

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
O got to go get some it was just finish off 2 days ago on my other tank I have to wait for my grandma to tank me to pet co so it will be a little bit

No I have streeszyme
How long before you can drop by petco?
I seen a post like this over the summer. It ended up being the decorations. Is the pumpkin and gravestone new?
I really wish it was only the decor...but 0 nitrites and nitrates, on an 8ppm ammonia doesn't bode well on the bacteria side of things.

Thomas0929

Reaction score
Experience
2 years

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
@Momgoose56 do you remember the girl over the summer with 8 ammonia? Didn't it end up being her haunted house decor? I can't find the thread. I don't remember if that was it either.

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I remember that. But I don't think that's the issue in this case. This tank isn't cycled, at all.
Oh ok. yeah it does kinda sound that way. I just saw new decorations and sky high ammonia and thats what I thought of. :)

Thomas0929

Reaction score
Experience
2 years

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am asking is another filter helpful
More filtration is always better but not necessary if the one you have will filter 275 gallons per hour or more already. You could get some ceramic biomedia and a mesh media bag and add that to your existing filter overflow chamber and that would help though.

More filtration is always better but not necessary if the one you have will filter 275 gallons per hour or more already. You could get some ceramic biomedia and a mesh media bag and add that to your existing filter overflow chamber and that would help though.

Thomas0929

Reaction score
Experience
2 years

vyrille

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok my water is 0 nitrate 0 nitrite 7 pH and 2 ppm ammonia still high
Okay, go on and dose seachem prime at double dose. that's 10ml per 50gal if i remember. Let it circulate in your tank for maybe 10mins before dosing tetra safestart. As for the safestart, read the instructions for dosing, i honestly dont know how much to use since i never used them before..

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom