Ammonia Burns 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Kylee, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Kylee

KyleeValued MemberMember

I bought a baby betta less than a week ago, and she has ammonia burns. They were already there when I got her, but I feel like it got worse after I gave her melafix (I didn't realize it hurt bettas). Is there anything specific I need to do? Other than her looks, everything else is fine. She has a good appetite, and a full belly. She's super active, and her color doesn't look dull. She's not showing any symptoms that I've read about. Thanks for the advice!

20180615_212354.jpg20180619_213822.jpg20180619_213847.jpg20180619_213851.jpg

2. endlercollector

endlercollectorFishlore VIPMember

Awww, poor little cutie! So sorry she got hurt. The best thing to do, after maintaining clean and soft, acidic water, is to offer her some live food. Dero worms are very easy to raise and a tasty, healthy treat if you feed them some blanched vegetable trimmings.

3. OP
    OP
    Kylee

KyleeValued MemberMember

Thank you so much!! So frozen food won't help much?

4. endlercollector

endlercollectorFishlore VIPMember

She'll like frozen blood worms, but I have to admit that it's really fun both for the fish and the human to let them hunt a live worm, plus you're in control of the cleanliness of thefood source ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice