American Livebearer Association Convention, Fort Lauderdale, April 26-29 Important

1. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Hello everyone.

I was cruising Craigslist and found this announcement. I don't know anything about this group but I did check out the website,

http://ala2012.com/default.htm

"Giant Tropical Fish Auction, Coming 4/29/2012. Free admission!! The American Livebearer Assoc, is having its National Convention at the Ft Lauderdale Airport Hilton Hotel on Griffin Rd.

Sunday Giant Tropical Fish Auction, All Species Fish Auction, last years convention auction had over 700 bags of fish sold."

Attached Files:

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Sounds great! Is it close enough for you to go?
    Auctions are awesome and most don't require that you be a member to attend, buy or sell.
    Carol

3. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Hi Carol!
    Yes, I could go. I've never been to one. Should I go? :;dk

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Yes by all means if you have the opportunity go!
    I've never been to that one but I've been to several at the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association in Atlanta Georgia and Once to the Charlotte Aquarium club in Charlotte NC. We had a blast every time.

:;otAt one of the ones we went to I had the bidding paddle and was bidding on some loaches. I thought I was being sneaky bidding on them when my husband was standing in the back of the room talking to Dino. He knew I would want them and was bidding but didn't know I was bidding on them also. The auctioneer got tickled and waved at my husband and pointed at me with the paddle held up to raise his last bid :) I got the loaches and we had a good laugh.
    Carol

5. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Ha I wonder if Dino read this.

6. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I have been to dozens of major auctions over the years and have belonged to this organization in the past.

If you have the opportunity to go, I would.
    It is a great chance to pick up rare fish at a decent price.

I, sadly, will be offplanet at the time, um, I mean I will be in Seattle, yeah Seattle.

7. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Thanks Dino, good to know. I think I will try to attend, at least the sale/auction sessions.

Any other Fishloreans out there who would like to go? :;hi2

8. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Hello again everyone!

I'm planning to go to this convention in Ft. Lauderdale, at least a portion of it anyway. This will be my first fish auction/convention that I will attend.

How about you? The weather is really nice in the spring here! :;sn

9. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Too bad I'm nearly in Louisiana :(

10. TrogdorSlayer22 Member Member

I hoping to go on either Saturday or Sunday, probably Sunday. On Sunday it's an all fish auction right, not just livebearers? Can't wait :D

11. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Sorry. Pensacola, right? Yeah, that's a bit of a drive. :(

12. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

TrogdorSlayer, yes according to the flyer Sunday is the all-species auction. :;hi1

13. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

:;hi2 Hello everyone! Here's a reminder about the upcoming Livebearer Convention in Ft. Lauderdale. Coming soon!

14. TrogdorSlayer22 Member Member

Another reminder to anyone, that this convention starts this Thursday, and the auction is in 7 days!!!!!

15. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Looking forward to it! This will be my first "fish convention." Hope the auction prices don't run too steep!

16. TrogdorSlayer22 Member Member

One more reminder, although I don't know how you could forget :p It is tomorrow starting at 11:00!

I can't wait! Never been to a convention/auction before!

17. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I've been watching the pics ZooMed has been putting up on FaceBook LOL

18. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I hope you have a great time!!!

19. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Thank you! I missed registration but hope to sneak in to the auction tomorrow. Will let you know! Hey Trogdor, you going?

Edit. Just saw your post. PMd you!

20. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm so excited and I'm not even going!

We want updates and pics guys!