American eel not breathing properly

MandutheAxolotl

Hello everyone!
My American Eel(Mixon), has been completely fine recently, and is doing great in his 29 gallon tank. I am a little bit concerned now though. He seems to be breathing out of only one gill a lot, and the other gill stays sealed shut. I'm not sure what is wrong with him, but he is eating amazingly, and has very good hunting skills, and he seems to have no problems burying himself under the sand and still being able to breathe, so I know it doesn't effect him in a way that I can notice. I treated him for parasites in him quarantine tank with Prazipro and Fenbendazole. It just seems odd and I don't know what is wrong with him. There is almost nothing I can find on the internet about the American Eel as a pet. I hope someone can help!
P.S. his diet consists of white cloud minnows that I raised, red worms, and when ever I can I give him some chopped shrimp or market fish. This is the diet I came up with, and it's very similar to my axolotl diet, but I don't know if it is the proper one.
Double P.S. I'm gonna post a vid of him hunting his white cloud minnows soon. I couldn't catch him eating one, 'cause he's still camera shy, but you can see him striking at one.

A201

As long as the Eel is eating and otherwise acting normally, likely no worries.
It's not a good idea to blindly medicate. Exposing the eel to
diluted but still harsh chemicals, found in meds, can often do more harm than good.
Looking forward to the video. Never seen an American Eel.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GetFreshedAquariums
Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
Amythe
Replies
Views