Amazon Swords anyone?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It turns out my adolescent angels love to eat Amazon Swords, lol. Before I put the angels in my 30 gallon tank, I had quite a few of nice Amazon Swords. After a while of the angels being in the 30 gallon tank, I noticed my Amazon Swords' leaves getting smaller and smaller around the edges. Now, the leaves are thin skeletons of Amazon Swords, rather than Amazon Swords themselves, lol. The culprits are of course the angels. Never knew angels like to eat Amazon Swords! Poor plants!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine pick at the plants, but heaven help the poor plant if it gets a small tear or hole in a leaf!!!
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL

Ryan.O.

Valued Member
Reaction score
My 2 small Angels dont even touch that plant. They dont really go over to that side of the tank, they normally stay on the side where the hole for feeding is, my Angels really like their food, they are funny cause they really like to eat - theyre pigs.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Well, I had to cut off all leaves of my Amazon Swords - that's how bad the plants looked. But I left the main roots underneath the gravel and new leaves are growing quite fast. They'll be entirely new plants soon. Hopefully, this time the angels will leave them alone

Ryan.O.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Amazon swords are really good looking plants

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom