Amazon Sword?

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Bizarro252, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Bizarro252

Bizarro252Well Known MemberMember

I bought some Java Fern and some Amazon Sword, however I am not sure if the sword is what it said it was - is it? - and yes - my fish LOOOOVE their pictures taken...lol

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    Bizarro252

Bizarro252Well Known MemberMember

Kinda what I thought too, the leaves seem to be more at the end of a stem vs the stem being a part of the whole leaf...

Well, anyone have any idea what I DO have? haha

3. BeanFish

BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

It is an Amazon Sword, there are different tipes of leafs. I have the 3 different types I believe, let me post a picture for you.

Ok, after many resizing and stuff here they are.
    They are all Amazon Swords, you can see I have the "typical" one that looks like the one MaddieTaylah posted but I also have someone with rounder leafs and one which is in horrible conditions but has similar leafs like the one you have. The LFS guy told me they are all Amazons and I think he is right.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  4. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylahWell Known MemberMember

I googled amazon swords and looked up images, I did find one or two that looked like yours so it must be another type of amazon sword as said above.

5. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsyFishlore VIPMember

The one you have has been grown emersed, or out of water. The leaves grow differently. All my swords I got that way, and after I put them in the tank the current leaves stop growing and start turning yellow. But the new leaves start growing in quickly, and they always have that typical amazon sword leaf. When the new leaves start getting pretty big, I start clipping the old leaves. On this plant you can see what I mean. It has old and new leaves and you can tell the difference.

[​IMG]

6. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylahWell Known MemberMember

Mystery solved!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice