Question Amazon sword sick?

abbytherookiehuman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I’ve had my amazon sword for about a month or two and a little while ago i noticed a little brown dot maybe 2cm on one of the leaves. I didn’t think much of it but i keep checking up on it. I didn’t notice any change until today
Image1571811556.082388.jpg
Image1571811577.404316.jpg

It’s practically taken over the leaf.
Should i cut it off? Is this normal or is there a problem. I ordered root tabs in the mail a while ago and they’re taking forever to arrive

ZachGee123

Reaction score
It’s a little hard to tell from the picture, but that looks like maybe an emersed leaf. They die off when put underwater and new submerged leaves will grow. You can cut the leaf or let it melt off. If you give it proper light and a root tab when they arrive it should be fine. Good luck!

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You should b able to reach in and give that stem a little tug and it will pull right off the root ball and as above suggested place a root tab right under the plant to feed it

abbytherookiehuman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah the root tabs were ideally going to arrive a few weeks ago and now I'm going away soon so fingers crossed they come before I go. I'll pluck that leaf as soon as I get home this afternoon

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom