Amazon Sword Problems

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Salem, Apr 19, 2019.

1. SalemNew MemberMember

i bought 2 plants today- a java fern and an amazon sword. both were placed into a bag without water and kept in such for roughly 3 hours. both plants once home appeared perfectly fine save for 1 or 2 of the stalks on the sword got snapped in transit. i then placed them into my quarantine bucket. the java fern is fine but the sword just??? the leaves shriveled up and the stalks became floppy. my immediate reaction was thinking somehow it was drying out so i put it into a separate bucket and completely submerged it but i still have no idea what happened

each bucket is filled with room temp. dechlorinated water, and has a few drops of flourish in it.

2. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Seems like a little long without water but they should still bounce back ...i'de put a little substrate in your sword qt bucket and sink the roots under the substrate and add a root tab. How long do you plan to qt them? was the plants grown fully submerged in water? Most of the time with new plants they will melt a little till they adapt to your water conditions. post a pic if possible.