Amazon Sword Flowers?

Fishywife

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Same as mine. I'll have to start selling off excess soon, I hate binning it. Sell cheap, or trade a cutting for something different!

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I usually trade my excess growth for store credit at the LFS or give them to friends.

Last edited:

Fishywife

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lol the lfs's near me take but don't give. Anything at all. The Lfs in England used to give me 35% of what the fish was worth. I was breeding blue acara at that time. I just trade or sell it cheaply, and give to friends too. But, I only have 1 friend in Maine with a fishtank!

aniroc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't see often swords flowering below the water surface. You must have excess phosphates or that plant was just recently submerged.

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't see often swords flowering below the water surface. You must have excess phosphates or that plant was just recently submerged.
I've had this sword for a few years. The tank may have extra phosphates. This is a 29 gallon my son and I set up for his science class. It gets about 3-4 hours of direct sunlight every day. I suspect that is why the plants do so well in there. It may also be the reason it's flowering under water.

aniroc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes better babies than silly flowers, my rosette swords throw of runners with babies on.so what can I do to make it have babies instead of flowers?
Lower the phosphates and keep the stalk under the water.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom