Amazon Prime Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dom90, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

So... what is everyone buying for Prime Day? What is going on sale for this?

2. babynemo

babynemo Valued Member Member

I've looked a bit. Haven't found anything I necessarily want.

3. OP
    OP
    Dom90

4. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

I've been on there every half hour to see what new deals they have.... so far, nothing of interest to me. I had even purposely left some items in my cart before today hoping they would be one of the lucky items on sale... nope, nada, zilch.

5. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

i'm trying to find fish deals haha. besides marineland filters i haven't seen any

6. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Me too actually, even if the wife asked if I found any good fish-related stuff yet lol...

7. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I've been looking myself, but haven't found anything that interest me.

I did buy some macro lens for my camera, but it looked like regular pricing.

8. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks for the reminder on this! Hmmm....... I wonder what they have that would be useful to me.......

9. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

I was on there earlier and didn't find anything of interest. A lot of phone and tablet cases it seems.

10. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Never mind, nothing good on there, it seems. :/ Didn't watch the video, just read the article:  

11. OP
    OP
    Dom90

12. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

what a letdown

13. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

No thanks!

14. OP
    OP
    Dom90

There's even some toiler paper in this sale... real sad

15. l

lobstahlights Valued Member Member

Shopping spree time - Amazon Prime Day

It's Amazon Prime Day, for those of you who don't know, with "more deals than Black Friday."

I have had a very long work week and would love to buy myself some fish stuff.

I've been a little envious of my nephew's diamond-shaped betta tank (which he keeps telling me is a rhombus, nerd :p) so maybe I'll pick up a 3-5gal tank set with all the trimmings so I can get myself a happy little betta. I prefer color over something natural for deco and substrate, though I will probably start my first plant in this tank. Would I be totally unable to have a low light plant with the stock light in these kits? Is there something I should look for? Do I need fertilizer?

I also have an empty 15gal hex that I've been given permission to stock. I don't know what my stocking list is yet (black mollies are a #1 thought) but I do know I want a decent structure for the middle of it, maybe something 8-12" high, and black sand.

I guess the point of the thread is, any recommendations? Brands, trinkets, ideas that pop into your heads when you hear about a good sale? I really just want to spend some money and have some more fish :)

16. OP
    OP
    Dom90

I'm not really sure why this is in the Freshwater Beginners section and... I've already made a post regarding Prime Day in the General Discussion section about three hours ago..

17. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I have merged the threads

18. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Thank you, Coradee.

19. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

20. OP
    OP
    Dom90

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice