Amazon plants for a 30 gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Vongchanh25, Dec 2, 2012.

1. V

Vongchanh25 Valued Member Member

I need to know aquarium plants for a 30 gallon ( they must be from South America !)
    The live stock will be 1 angel fish and 6 cory cats. The plants will be amazon sword ( I need a lot more lol ) and the lighting is medium:;tea

2. c

chevyguy8893 Well Known Member Member

Here's a link for plants broken down by the area they come from that may help.  

Given the size of the plant and the root system I wouldn't go with more than two amazon swords in a 30 gallon. Give them time to grow and fill in, and then you can have one or two large swords in the tank instead of pruning a bunch of them to keep them small. Since the leaves of the swords will shade other plants below, I would look into low light plants for that area. Are you looking to do any plants from South America, or are you going for a biotope tank?

3. OP
    OP
    V

I was only going to get 1 :p

4. OP
    OP
    V

And South America so far I have Brazilian water weed,Broad leaf amazon sword,Staurogyne repens,Hygro bold, and Bacopa australis

5. c

chevyguy8893 Well Known Member Member

Ah, sorry, I misread that part :).

6. OP
    OP
    V

That's ok and Ty

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice