Amazon Help/cloudy Water

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by TexasGuppy, Apr 21, 2018.

1. TexasGuppyWell Known MemberMember

My Amazon's appear to be struggling. First their leaves got dark veins, then some of the leaves started wilting.
    I've been dosing thrives three times a week just 7-8 ml each time. CO2 around 30ppm (I guess, drop checker is green). And seachem flourish tabs every 4-6 weeks. I only put a couple per plant. I saw some nice pearling about a week ago, bit stopped right around when my cloudyness picked up again. This morning, a sunbeam that crosses the tank quickly caused large Buble pearling. Last time I cleaned my 406 cartridge, it was pretty brown from I think diatoms. Added some nirites that may be masking continued algrea bloom? I've tried filter floss in surface skimmer and in standalone pump inside tank which helped only a little.
    I've got aqueon standard light and a daylight+ bulb and another led that's pretty bright, but not all the way up.

I'm thinking first issue is cloudyness, then identify nutrient deficiencies.
    I also dose seachem iron once or twice a week. When I measured, I get zero. Also, phosphates test shows zero as well.
    You can see the curling in bottom right as well as wilting onto rock.

Thanks for any tips you can give me! IMG_20180421_083945734_HDR.jpg

2. TexasGuppyWell Known MemberMember

Did a water change and cleaned out the 406. The pads and floss were basically black from diatoms. Turned a 5g bucket of tank water very brown. After adding back new water, the swords started pearling. Am I getting low on something that plain water has? I've not been watching KH, but tap is around 4 and I usually add a few more because of CO2.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice