Amazon frogbit vs current and water parameters?

MacZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How much current can Amazon Frogbit withstand?

I noticed today that it still fills less than 1/4 of my surface area and I got it in my tank since late Oktober. The spraybar of the filter reaches 2/3 of the way to the opposite side of the filter, because the current is all but nice for the fish. Still there is plenty of flow and the frogbit is tumbling all about all the time. Also I did an ich-treatment in November that made the roots melt.
I have some light blockage (30% of the surface area, randomly distributed) on the lid so the fish have some darker spots, but the frogbit mainly is accumulating where the light get's through.

parameters: ph 6.8, KH ~6, GH <10, temp 26°C, no detectable ammonia and nitrites, nitrates max out at 25ppm.

What exactly am I doing wrong? Or is it all at once?

Too balance out the losses I just added two more pots of invitro-frogbit today.

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Temp is fine. Abrupt changes in parameters and too much flow will cause it to shed roots or melt.

OP
MacZ

MacZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I guess there was the problem then. Now that I added more it stopped tumbling about and formed a cohesive matt of plants.

CHJ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My frogbit would grow to within ~3" of the 406's output. Then the duckweed killed it all.

New Threads