Amazon Fish

1. anunez91 Member Member

My water is topped out on the API ph reg test kit, its probably higher, i intend on getting a high range ph test. I plan on keeping Angel,rams tetras and cories. All from soft water. Ive read that the most important thing is to keep a stable ph but if i have a really high ph like 7.8 or higher, will these fish thrive?

2. anunez91 Member Member

anyone have experience keeping these fish in hard water? anyone?

3. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Hello anunze91 :)
    I have kept all of the listed fish in a ph of 7.5 and i keep angels and bolivian rams in a ph of just below 8 and they are absolutly fine and healthy :)

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I keep my bolivian rams, tetras, and angels in 7.6PH and we've had no issues with them. Hope this helps.

5. Slug Well Known Member Member

My discus have been kept above 7 before.

Just acclimate properly and keep it consistent.

6. anunez91 Member Member

sweet! thanks guys, also, im doing a fishless cycle right now. Ive heard that you can add all your livestock in one go with that? Has anyone had any experience with this? How would i go about adding 1 angel, 2 Bolivian rams, 8 tetras (most likely xrays or one of the lager ones) and 6 cories? Is there any specific order i should add them to the tank? Would i need to acclimate them by species in seperate buckets? Basically, how would YOU, the experience aquarist go about doing it?