Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Amazon Affiliate Links Directing Me To Canada Site Instead Of Us?

Discussion in 'Forum Issues Log' started by JenC, Apr 12, 2019.

1. JenCWell Known MemberMember

It's something I noticed earlier this week.

I'm in the US but the site's affiliate hyperlinks take me to Canada's amazon.ca instead of the US's amazon.com. I don't believe this used to happen.

Just thought I'd mention it in case something's wrong behind the scenes or with my profile set up.

2. AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

Doesn’t for me. Could be an issue with your devices location

3. JenCWell Known MemberMember

Interesting.

I wonder if it's something with my profile because it's doing it on multiple devices.

4. MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

Hi JenC - sent you a pm about your IP.

5. AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

I was going to say if you use a VPN for any reason it might think you’re in Canada lol.

6. JenCWell Known MemberMember

It is something with my Wi-Fi/home internet because I'm directed to US Amazon using mobile data on my phone.

Mike kindly directed me to an IP lookup tool that correctly reflects my home network in MA right now but Fishlore servers showed me in Quebec earlier in the week, which wasn't accurate.

I've cleared caches, rebooted devices/modem/router, but can't get Fishlore to see me in MA now. I don't know if those geolocations are cached or checked every time.

I think I use Google public DNS instead of Xfinity's. I can undo those settings tomorrow and see if anything changes. It's just odd that this is the first time I've had an issue.

7. AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

Sadly, I can hardly load Fishlore if I’m connected to wifi, so I turn my wifi off on my phone when I get on.

8. JenCWell Known MemberMember

I just tried again and it's sending me to .ca still. I think I'm out of ideas.

It's not a big deal. It's just annoying and would prevent me from impulse buying stuff like usual. :rolleyes:

9. bitseriouslyWell Known MemberMember

Welcome! We’re happy to have you.
    Please don’t be offended by our higher prices, pronunciation/spelling (oot in a colourful boot), and saying hi to everyone.
    Sorry.
    :)

10. JenCWell Known MemberMember

Ha! I love Canada and go up several times a year.

I actually have ordered from the .ca site to deliver things to my grandmother in Toronto. It's cheaper than paying postage US to Canada. :eek: