Amazon Affiliate Links Directing Me To Canada Site Instead Of Us?

JenC

Well Known
Reaction score
It's something I noticed earlier this week.

I'm in the US but the site's affiliate hyperlinks take me to Canada's amazon.ca instead of the US's amazon.com. I don't believe this used to happen.

Just thought I'd mention it in case something's wrong behind the scenes or with my profile set up.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Doesn’t for me. Could be an issue with your devices location

OP
JenC

JenC

Well Known
Reaction score
AquaticJ said:
Doesn’t for me. Could be an issue with your devices location
Interesting.

I wonder if it's something with my profile because it's doing it on multiple devices.

Mike

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI JenC - sent you a pm about your IP.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I was going to say if you use a VPN for any reason it might think you’re in Canada lol.

OP
JenC

JenC

Well Known
Reaction score
It is something with my Wi-Fi/home internet because I'm directed to US Amazon using mobile data on my phone.

Mike kindly directed me to an IP lookup tool that correctly reflects my home network in MA right now but Fishlore servers showed me in Quebec earlier in the week, which wasn't accurate.

I've cleared caches, rebooted devices/modem/router, but can't get Fishlore to see me in MA now. I don't know if those geolocations are cached or checked every time.

I think I use Google public DNS instead of Xfinity's. I can undo those settings tomorrow and see if anything changes. It's just odd that this is the first time I've had an issue.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
JenC said:
It is something with my Wi-Fi/home internet because I'm directed to US Amazon using mobile data on my phone.

Mike kindly directed me to an IP lookup tool that correctly reflects my home network in MA right now but Fishlore servers showed me in Quebec earlier in the week, which wasn't accurate.

I've cleared caches, rebooted devices/modem/router, but can't get Fishlore to see me in MA now. I don't know if those geolocations are cached or checked every time.

I think I use Google public DNS instead of Xfinity's. I can undo those settings tomorrow and see if anything changes. It's just odd that this is the first time I've had an issue.
Sadly, I can hardly load Fishlore if I’m connected to wifi, so I turn my wifI off on my phone when I get on.

OP
JenC

JenC

Well Known
Reaction score
I just tried again and it's sending me to .ca still. I think I'm out of ideas.

It's not a big deal. It's just annoying and would prevent me from impulse buying stuff like usual.

bitseriously

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome! We’re happy to have you.
Please don’t be offended by our higher prices, pronunciation/spelling (oot in a colourful boot), and saying hI to everyone.
Sorry.

OP
JenC

JenC

Well Known
Reaction score
bitseriously said:
Welcome! We’re happy to have you.
Please don’t be offended by our higher prices, pronunciation/spelling (oot in a colourful boot), and saying hI to everyone.
Sorry.
Ha! I love Canada and go up several times a year.

I actually have ordered from the .ca site to deliver things to my grandmother in Toronto. It's cheaper than paying postage US to Canada.

New Threads