AMAZINGLY Low Ammonia Levels....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cm11599ps, Apr 11, 2010.

1. cm11599psWell Known MemberMember

On Thursday I did about a 50% water change, cleaned my gravel and used a razor to remove diatoms.

I've got 2 Aquaclear 500 filters running on my 55 and have only used the sponge and carbon. Friday I went and picked up some of the BioMax media to place in each filter above the carbon and added them when I got home.

Now Sunday is my usual water change. I test my water before the change and then a few hours after the change to compare the results. I enter all my readings into Aquarix. Everytime I check check my ammonia it is yellow (API kit) which as you know means ZERO.

So I checked my water about an hour ago before my water change and this is 2 days after adding the BioMax. My ammonia reading wasn't even turning yellow! It remained crystal clear, even after 5 minutes. I thought something was screwy and that I didn't add enough drops so I redid the test and waited 5 minutes. STILL CLEAR! Those BioMax bags are AWESOME!

So then I'm changing the water and remember the ammonia test uses TWO bottles of solution. I was only using the first bottle. lol I did a third test and finally got some color, which of course was yellow. lol

You would think after years of testing that I wouldn't mess that up. lol

2. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

lol...funny!

3. bubblynutterWell Known MemberMember

:;lg that's gold.

:;smack

4. LucyModeratorModerator Member

Ooops! lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice