Amazing :) 55 Gallon Tank

1. gbreeder88 Member Member

Today I went out to get 2 alge eatters so I did and put them in my tank with my African Cichlids. I know it sounds completly dumb but it seems to be working! I think one got eatten but I expected that because it was pretty small but so far the other one is doing fine. I just cant believe that it can live with my cichlids lol.

2. steed1172 Well Known Member Member

some kind of crude joke?... when they get hungry hes a goner...

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

poor fish :( the other one wont last long..is there a reason you did this? most of the cichlids you have do not need meat in their diet..although they will eat it, its not good for them

4. gbreeder88 Member Member

well i found the other one and it was completly fine and the cichlids dont seem to bother them but i did it not as feeders but exsactly what theyre for eatting alge the cichlids seem to care about the albino zebra more then anything

5. steed1172 Well Known Member Member

mmmk.... but would you like it if i risked YOUR life in river full of piranhas..... who where full for the time and didn't think you had enough meat anywho...... in a blink of an eye the poor algae eater could be gone!!

its your fish do what you want, but please fish are living creatures remember to be responsible.

merry Christmas.:;wv

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

you cichlids will eat the algae..its suppose to be part of their diet...

7. crazedACD Member Member

Sorry to say, but your cichlids will eventually come across the CAE at the wrong time..and he will be a goner. They can be fine for a period of time and then one day, that's it. :( Might want to get into a schedule of cleaning everything yourself, invest in a good algae scrubber, you can wash decorations and plants...much better than risking two fishies who are likely to be dinner.

8. gbreeder88 Member Member

my CAE are like 3-4 inches long now and the cichlids havent bothered them since the day i got them and theyre out all the time