Amazing Newborn Cray Vid!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Invertebrates' started by Vyvid, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Vyvid

Vyvid Well Known Member Member

Guys I was able to capture an amazing video of a newborn crayfish struggling to free itself from its molt (very common). This one was stuck to a dead sibling. The entire thing took about an hour but I condensed it to 5 mins. At one point I remove the dead sibling with a wooden BBQ skewer. Happy ending :)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl Well Known Member Member

Very nice footage! What kind of camera were you shooting it with if you dont mind me asking?

3. OP
    OP
    Vyvid

iPhone 6 with a clip on macro lens

4. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl Well Known Member Member

Like an olloclip? I think thats what theyre called. Ive been contemplating getting one forever, I just hate the idea of having to take my case off each time to use it. Im impressed with the video quality though, might have to look into one.

5. OP
    OP
    Vyvid

Yes. I got some cheap off brand on Amazon. And yeah having to go caseless is the only downside

6. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Fantastic video but how could you stand it. That little guy looked like he was struggleing so hard I wanted to help him. I saw Waver walking by and the red shrimp. How many babies so far? You must be so excited. Keep those pictures coming please. Alison:;hi1

7. OP
    OP
    Vyvid

She's dropped a dozen or so but still holding tons. And yeah it was hard to watch but nothing you can really do. Keep in mind that's a macro lens, the actual babies are almost too small to see with the naked eye, let alone help pull off that molt lol

8. aliray

I was teasing you. Just looking at the end of the bamboo squewer gave me an idea of the size. I also wanted to tell you by the way that thanks to your snail pictures and Bijous I ended up buying 5 mystery snails. 3 gold and 2 ivory. Now I want to buy one like the magenta one with the light foot that you posted. How many of Wavers babies are you planning to keep? Alison

9. OP
    OP
    Vyvid

Awesome! And I'll only be keeping 2. Selling the rest and feeding any "culls" to Peeps

10. aliray

Who and what is Peeps?:confused:. How many babies are you up to now or is she still berried? Alison

11. OP
    OP
    Vyvid

She's dropped about 25 babies. She still has at least a couple hundred. Peeps is my puffer.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437838983.194202.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437839008.006154.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437839020.446771.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice