Amazing fish x-rays!

1. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

2. sanjin Well Known Member Member

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

3. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Those are so awesome! The article stated this was done from the inside out. Wonder how they did that?
    Carol

4. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I will ask one of my gaming buddies who is in school for that very thing.

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

That would be interesting to know:)
    Carol

6. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

from message from my buddy Russell who is in radiography school.

I will look again at it, I didn't have my eye peeled for the type of xray they used. But from my instinct on the amount of gray scale I'm gonna say it was prob a full digital system, and the speciemens where for the most part placed laterally except for those that had a large flat stomach like the ray and the shark where the shot was most likely anterior/posterior or vice versa. I doubt they were in water any more because the water would have given another density and those are superb shots.

7. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

wow, those are so beautiful. i would love to have big prints of those, framed, to hang as a group.

8. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

I understood it to say the pictures were taken of the inside and out, as a chance to see inside. I'm no radiographer, but it doesn't seem possible to get a full 2d view from the inside looking out. They look like simply gorgeous side on or top view ordinary x-rays that create a stunning image. Thanks for posting them, Dino!