Amazing Discovery

BillynJennifer

Well Known
Member
Messages
701
Reaction score
474
Experience
5 to 10 years
I may be late to the party and everyone knows this, but I just discovered it tonight. Out of curiosity, I picked up a gallon of "Always Save Spring Water" at Walmart earlier. I checked it and it had no ammonia, nitrite, or nitrates, the pH is 7.2, the gH is 5, and the kH is 7. Using this water for water changes should be spot on and I wouldn't have to use remineralized RO water. Am I missing anything?
 

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,002
Reaction score
3,889
Location
Arizona
Experience
More than 10 years
BillynJennifer said:
I may be late to the party and everyone knows this, but I just discovered it tonight. Out of curiosity, I picked up a gallon of "Always Save Spring Water" at Walmart earlier. I checked it and it had no ammonia, nitrite, or nitrates, the pH is 7.2, the gH is 5, and the kH is 7. Using this water for water changes should be spot on and I wouldn't have to use remineralized RO water. Am I missing anything?
Do you know what minerals it contains?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
BillynJennifer

BillynJennifer

Well Known
Member
Messages
701
Reaction score
474
Experience
5 to 10 years
Momgoose56 said:
Do you know what minerals it contains?
The generic answer is Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium. I don't know the exact makeup of this particular spring water, though.
 

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,002
Reaction score
3,889
Location
Arizona
Experience
More than 10 years
BillynJennifer said:
The generic answer is Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium. I don't know the exact makeup of this particular spring water, though.
Okay. I was wondering if it actually stated what minerals/salts were in it. It would probably work. And be a lot easier than doing it yourself.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
BillynJennifer

BillynJennifer

Well Known
Member
Messages
701
Reaction score
474
Experience
5 to 10 years
Momgoose56 said:
Okay. I was wondering if it actually stated what minerals/salts were in it. It would probably work. And be a lot easier than doing it yourself.
There is a telephone number to call for nutritional and water quality information. I'm going to look into giving them a call to see what they can tell me.
 

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
7,107
Reaction score
4,280
Location
Bedford UK but Welsh
Experience
More than 10 years
Rule n°1 I keep saying in all threads and posts if it's working for you don't potch (mess about) with your water no matter what you read or people say unless its 100% needed, I read and see pictures in your other thread on how happy and excited your are with what's happening with your shrimp, although people use bottle water and it works, with a gh of 5 I'd still be reminerslising to 8 a gh5 is right on the bottom rung any lower would create molt issues, if you are using RO water are you producing it yourself or carrying from your lfs, don't get me wrong you can change to bottled water and it will work but your party started when you had your first young this party is almost over, for now I'd let your colony build and you knowledge build around shrimp, RO water is the finest you'll get for shrimp and you have complete control over what you do, at the end of the day the decision is yours.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7
OP
BillynJennifer

BillynJennifer

Well Known
Member
Messages
701
Reaction score
474
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've been using my tap water from the beginning without a problem. Since things are going really well, I'm just going to stick with that. Thanks.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
76
Guests online
2,131
Total visitors
2,207

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom