Amazing Discovery

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by BillynJennifer, May 22, 2019.

1. BillynJennifer Valued Member Member

I may be late to the party and everyone knows this, but I just discovered it tonight. Out of curiosity, I picked up a gallon of "Always Save Spring Water" at Walmart earlier. I checked it and it had no ammonia, nitrite, or nitrates, the pH is 7.2, the gH is 5, and the kH is 7. Using this water for water changes should be spot on and I wouldn't have to use remineralized RO water. Am I missing anything?

2. Momgoose56 Well Known Member Member

Do you know what minerals it contains?

3. BillynJennifer Valued Member Member

The generic answer is Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium. I don't know the exact makeup of this particular spring water, though.

4. Momgoose56 Well Known Member Member

Okay. I was wondering if it actually stated what minerals/salts were in it. It would probably work. And be a lot easier than doing it yourself.

5. BillynJennifer Valued Member Member

There is a telephone number to call for nutritional and water quality information. I'm going to look into giving them a call to see what they can tell me.

6. richie.p Well Known Member Member

Rule n°1 I keep saying in all threads and posts if it's working for you don't potch (mess about) with your water no matter what you read or people say unless its 100% needed, I read and see pictures in your other thread on how happy and excited your are with what's happening with your shrimp, although people use bottle water and it works, with a gh of 5 I'd still be reminerslising to 8 a gh5 is right on the bottom rung any lower would create molt issues, if you are using RO water are you producing it yourself or carrying from your lfs, don't get me wrong you can change to bottled water and it will work but your party started when you had your first young this party is almost over, for now I'd let your colony build and you knowledge build around shrimp, RO water is the finest you'll get for shrimp and you have complete control over what you do, at the end of the day the decision is yours.

7. BillynJennifer Valued Member Member

I've been using my tap water from the beginning without a problem. Since things are going really well, I'm just going to stick with that. Thanks.