Amanos, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by Fanatic, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I recently have been wanting to add some shrimp to my tanks, just because I saw a tank full of them at my LFS, but I didn't buy any that day.
    I really think shrimp would make a good add-on in my setup, and I sure would enjoy them.

My first choice was Ghost Shrimp, because I knew their requirements, but then @TexasDomer turned me onto Amano Shrimp, which I wanted to try since last summer, and never brought myself to be courageous enough to get any.

I think I can handle it, at least they aren't as hard as Cherries, or other Neos.

My water isn't hard, rather soft if you ask me. I don't have copper either, we don't use copper water pipes in our systems.
    I would still be getting a supplement to aid in maintaining a good hardness, whichever that may lead to me buying.

Here's my stocking if you were curious.

31.2 gallon 20x18x20
    10 Cherry Barbs
    6 Albino Cory
    1 Honey Gourami
    1 Bristlenose Pleco
    1 Mystery Snail

My local fish store has some occasionally, so I would just buy as much as they had, and keep on adding until I reached that final number that I want. Thinking about six or eight would be fine.
    The benefit of buying just a few at a time would be that I can watch for any problems, or make sure they haven't died before I just buy a whole bunch of them at once.

We'll see how it goes.

2. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Your current stock will be fine with amanos. :) i would sugfest taking the plunge, I love my shrimp a lot!

3. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Thanks! I will try some, once I get my GH KH test kit in the mail.