Amanos, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by Fanatic, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

I recently have been wanting to add some shrimp to my tanks, just because I saw a tank full of them at my LFS, but I didn't buy any that day.
    I really think shrimp would make a good add-on in my setup, and I sure would enjoy them.

My first choice was Ghost Shrimp, because I knew their requirements, but then @TexasDomer turned me onto Amano Shrimp, which I wanted to try since last summer, and never brought myself to be courageous enough to get any.

I think I can handle it, at least they aren't as hard as Cherries, or other Neos.

My water isn't hard, rather soft if you ask me. I don't have copper either, we don't use copper water pipes in our systems.
    I would still be getting a supplement to aid in maintaining a good hardness, whichever that may lead to me buying.

Here's my stocking if you were curious.

31.2 gallon 20x18x20
    10 Cherry Barbs
    6 Albino Cory
    1 Honey Gourami
    1 Bristlenose Pleco
    1 Mystery Snail

My local fish store has some occasionally, so I would just buy as much as they had, and keep on adding until I reached that final number that I want. Thinking about six or eight would be fine.
    The benefit of buying just a few at a time would be that I can watch for any problems, or make sure they haven't died before I just buy a whole bunch of them at once.

We'll see how it goes.

2. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

Your current stock will be fine with amanos. :) i would sugfest taking the plunge, I love my shrimp a lot!

3. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks! I will try some, once I get my GH KH test kit in the mail.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice