Amano Shrimp Tank Mates

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Jameseyy, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Jameseyy

JameseyyValued MemberMember

So I have a 58 Litre aquarium. Dimensions are 25" long by 12"wide by 15" deep.

I have 3 Peppered Corys and 1 BN. The corys are going up to 6 and my BN is going to a friend's 240litre when they can take it.

I want 2 Amano Shrimp, but I'm struggling to find a fish to go with them that I like. I would like a roughly 3" that's happy to live in groups of 2 or 3, as I don't want to over stock the tank, and I don't want any small small fish.

I was looking into Gold Barbs but the information on their compatibility with the Shrimp was controversial, and I was told they like to live in groups of 6, so that ruled them out.

If possible, a brightly coloured Barb would be good, though I'm not a fan of the Cherry or Rosy barb.

2. niklevNew MemberMember

Barbs are known to be a bit aggressive, some more so than others e.g. The tiger barb. But I had golden barbs and bamboo shrimp and they were fine, they ignored each other as I had different levels to the tank

3. OP
    OP
    Jameseyy

I think having a group of Gold Barbs would overstock my thank though. I would love to keep them

4. niklevNew MemberMember

Then maybe honey gourami's?

5. OP
    OP
    Jameseyy

Not sure if I'm a big fan

6. barandemir09

barandemir09Valued MemberMember

Just to let you know, that's more than 58L... I have a 24x12x12 and that's a 60L/ 15 gallons

As for fish, you could try some rasbora if you'd like...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice