Amano Shrimp swimming up glass

connor1

I just added 5 Amano Shrimp to my tank, and they are swimming up the glass of my 29g. Are they trying to escape? I have a glass lid with the plastic on the back but there is still a open space.

richiep

It could be your water conditions do you know the perameters? How long as it been setup? Did you drip the shrimp

connor1

richiep said:
It could be your water conditions do you know the perameters? How long as it been setup? Did you drip the shrimp
Parameters where 0-0-0 when I tested a few days ago. Tank has been setup for about 3 years. I just floated the shrimp since my LFS has the same water.

AggressiveAquatics

connor1 said:
Parameters where 0-0-0 when I tested a few days ago. Tank has been setup for about 3 years. I just floated the shrimp since my LFS has the same water.
Even though lfs is in the same area doesn’t mean that temp is the same and ph, gh and kh can change on some situations for different peoples tanks so it might not have been the same. Did you test the water that the shrimp were in for all these things to make sure they were the same?

richiep

I understand you saying they have the same water but you only need .5 difference in ph and that will have an affect, I would say it the acclamation they are having a problem with, your tank water will be different than the lfs I bet

connor1

AggressiveAquatics said:
Even though lfs is in the same area doesn’t mean that temp is the same and ph, gh and kh can change on some situations for different peoples tanks so it might not have been the same. Did you test the water that the shrimp were in for all these things to make sure they were the same?
GH=10 KH=4 PH= Maxed out at 7.6 for low range and maxed out at 8 on the high range

Mine are the same except my KH was 5

They calmed down and stopped doing it now. One is missing it's antenna, it was the one climbing the walls the most to. Stress maybe?

Also one has brighter side markings then the other 4? Just curious lol

Nevermind the one started climbing the glass again. I also noticed he is missing a piece of a leg along with the antenna.

Latest threads

Top Bottom