Amano Shrimp Escape?

1. C

Courtney May Initiate Member

So I have read lots of forums already talking about shrimp disappearing and then reappearing later however two days ago it seems as if my shrimp were acting weird and NOW they are gone...One was swimming at the surface of the tank, seeming to actively try and get out of the water. He would do that then go to the filter flow and then try to the exact same thing against the current. After a few minutes my other Amano shrimp joined in (only two in the tank along with three Ruby tetras), then after getting home from work yesterday they are both gone. I as well as my husband have checked the tank multiple times today also. Could the weird behavior be a clue to their POSSIBLE disappearance?? Has anyone else seen that behavior before?? They had been in the tank for at least a month now if not longer. No dead bodies and only a very small area for them to have been able to jump out of the tank through.

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Look further. Amanos can crawl a good distance it of water.

3. OP
    OP
    C

Courtney May Initiate Member

If they got out then there was two dogs and three cats waiting to sniff them up and surely eat them unfortunately

4. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Amanos are fabulous escape artists, I've found one in my bathroom and one at the bottom of the stairs (tank was upstairs). They crawled out on the heater line.
    Then again, yours could show up in the tank in a couple days.