Amano shrimp babies.............

Andres391

I have a fresh water tank the amano babies have hatched and are all over tank im not breeding them but what do I do just let the filter pick them up will this give ammonia spike my fish are all full.

Marlene327

I have a fresh water tank the amano babies have hatched and are all over tank im not breeding them but what do I do just let the filter pick them up will this give ammonia spike my fish are all full.
Amano babies do NOT survive in freshwater tanks. You have a different variety.

Motherlovebetta

I’m guessing you don’t actually have amano shrimp I think it’s quite the process from what I’ve read to breed them and I am pretty sure they can’t breed in freshwater. I could be wrong. Do you have a pic of the adults? Do you not want the babies?

awilkinson871

I am guessing you actually have ghost shrimp or some colorless cherry shrimp. Amanos can become berried, but produce larvae that need saltwater to live. Shrimp will breed, but many will become snacks for fish. They cannot overpopulate the tank so you don't need to worry. They also produce very little ammonia.

Andres391

I did a 50 percent water change and added aquarium salt then I saw the baby shrimps floating all over the tank wierd but true anyways I don't want them the main question is this going to cause ammonia spike I have a hang back filter that's sucking them up slowly.
I am guessing you actually have ghost shrimp or some colorless cherry shrimp. Amanos can become berried, but produce larvae that need saltwater to live. Shrimp will breed, but many will become snacks for fish. They cannot overpopulate the tank so you don't need to worry. They also produce very little ammonia.
I only have amano shrimps
I’m guessing you don’t actually have amano shrimp I think it’s quite the process from what I’ve read to breed them and I am pretty sure they can’t breed in freshwater. I could be wrong. Do you have a pic of the adults? Do you not want the babies?
I only have amano shrimps

My hang back filter is picking them up will this cause ammonia spike

Attachments

• 20211017_182400.jpg
    20211017_182400.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211017_182400.jpg
    20211017_182400.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20211017_183335.jpg
    20211017_183335.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211017_183247.jpg
    20211017_183247.jpg