Amano Shrimp Babies?

Isabelle Dalton

I have a 20 gal freshwater with about a dozen breeding Cherry + Red RilI shrimp. I'm recovering from a big algae outbreak, so I also have three Amano shrimp, since they're such notorious cleaners. Anyway, I was watching my tank at night + decided to scoop up on of the few babies I saw swimming around, so I could take pics of the new batch of Cherry Rilis. Plus, my puffers would terrorize me if I tried to do it when they were awake lol. But the baby shrimp I scooped was clear?? All I've read says that Amano can't live past the larvae stage unless in brackish water, and I KNOW my tank is not brackish. Am I just a master shrimp keeper, or do I not actually have what I think I have?.... sorry I'm pretty new to shrimp breeding so all help is help

JenC

My red cherry shrimplets are clear/translucent/practically see through at first. They don't color up until they're a bit older. Do you think these look different from what you usually see?

Isabelle Dalton

My red cherry shrimplets are clear/translucent/practically see through at first. They don't color up until they're a bit older. Do you think these look different from what you usually see?
Mine usually look clear as well, but they've always had red spots/stripes that then spread. I've never seen them completely clear. I must admit I didn't even think about it being a cherry baby though, thanks for the help

Jellibeen

Out of curiosity, how is keeping puffers and shrimp together? I would think that the puffers would terrorize the shrimp. I am interested to hear how it actually works!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Deku-Cory
  • Question
Replies
Views
Shrimpee
Replies
Views
Feohw
Replies