Amano Shrimp And Goldfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyleighJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just bought some amano shrimp to put in the tank that will eventually hold my fancy goldfish and two mystery snails. However, I'm worried about my goldfish possibly trying to eat the shrimp. I got the biggest ones they had (about an inch), but my goldfish is obviously still much bigger (maybe a little more than two inches, not including the tail).

How do I best protect my shrimp and keep them from getting eaten?

Here's a picture of my tank now. Do I need more places for them to hide?

0447a2e8c5632e2c051eb3da821c0336.jpg

Kiks

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know if they'll eat the shrimp, but your shrimp would definitely like more plants and decor. In my experience they don't hide a lot, but they love to climb on stuff and explore. I'm not sure if those are fake plants or not, but either way shrimp really enjoy live plants.

OP
RyleighJ

RyleighJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don't know if they'll eat the shrimp, but your shrimp would definitely like more plants and decor. In my experience they don't hide a lot, but they love to climb on stuff and explore. I'm not sure if those are fake plants or not, but either way shrimp really enjoy live plants.
They're live plants! I'm working on getting some more, both tall plants and some short carpeting ones. I'm also planning on getting some more rocks and driftwood and whatnot.

What size tank is that?
It's a 15 gallon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiks

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They're live plants! I'm working on getting some more, both tall plants and some short carpeting ones. I'm also planning on getting some more rocks and driftwood and whatnot.
Sounds good! What kind of goldfish is it? As far as I know 15 gallons is too small. Putting a goldfish in a small tank could maybe cause some issues with the shrimp that normally wouldn't exist.

OP
RyleighJ

RyleighJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He's in a 10 right now, so I figure a 5 gallon upgrade is better than nothing (I found the 15 in our basement). I'm working on getting a 30 for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 42 64.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 18.5%

Top Bottom