Amano identification please

MMac

Long story short, bought some "Amanos" ended up with baby shrimp so I know I actually got some neos in my purchase. This is one of the new ones and I think it is a true Amano. Am I correct? If so, then I think I can tell the difference (if not, I am lost to the world of identifying shrimp ;))

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• amano 2 1_17_22.jpg
    amano 2 1_17_22.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Amano_1_17_22.jpg
    Amano_1_17_22.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 14

Demeter

Looks like a brown cherry to me. Amanos have less markings and color. A thin top stripe down the back, some spotting along the sides and thats about it. They are also much bigger than a Neo.

MMac

Thank you. I guess I am a fail at shrimp identification, Hahaha.

It does have a stripe down the back, which is why I thought Amano and it does seem bigger than the others that I got that fateful day.

Good news, babies are doing well and at least one of them IS bright red so we will see how this experiment goes.

richiep

I can see where you may think its an amano others may think so to.
I'm inclined to agree with Demeter
Heres one of mine similar to what you have

Attachments

• 20210610_163527.jpg
    20210610_163527.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 3

MMac

Yes. Although mine does not have all the small dots. I will try to upload another pic. All I have is my phone camera (ugh). It is always out in the open so should be able to see something more clear. Thank you.
I can see where you may think its an amano others may think so to.
I'm inclined to agree with Demeter
Heres one of mine similar to what you have
2nd look, yes it does have all those dots. Looks pretty much like your picture. Thanks for all your help, guys!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
Beck
  • Question
Replies
Views
Crimson_687