Am I using the wrong Thrive product?

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,647
Reaction score
405
Location
Costa Mesa, CA
Experience
2 years
i was looking on the site and all that information kind of makes my brain explode, except that i read that thrive plus was for high tech tanks? whatever that is

im not even sure what a high tech tank looks like. or low tech

anyway i use thrive plus in my tank(see image) and im thinking i might be using the wrong one. could this have a negative affect on my tank? i cant really figure out what thrive c and s are for


IMG_20200711_173837351.jpg
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,647
Reaction score
405
Location
Costa Mesa, CA
Experience
2 years
StarGirl said:
Regular Thrive is for higher tech tanks. Co2 High light tanks. Thrive C is for low tech low light plants. Like yours. Thrive S is for shrimp tanks.
regular thrive? ive been using thrive plus. so i guess i should switch to thrive C? does this have a negative impact by not using C?

i also not really sure whats considered low or highlight in my situation because my light is configurable and also has a 24/7 mode in which its pretty bright in my tank from noon to around 6:30
 

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,709
Reaction score
8,165
Location
Michigan
Experience
More than 10 years
Nickguy5467 said:
regular thrive? ive been using thrive plus. so i guess i should switch to thrive C? does this have a negative impact by not using C?
I really don't think it will. But it could? Calling in @-Mak- on this one! Shes a fert expert.
 

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,587
Reaction score
7,074
Location
Long Island
Experience
More than 10 years
Regular thrive has more in it and if your using co2 gas it should be fine. I am using it in a shrimp tank and it’s working fine now. But it does recommend you do a 50% water change weekly.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8
OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,647
Reaction score
405
Location
Costa Mesa, CA
Experience
2 years
86 ssinit said:
Regular thrive has more in it and if your using co2 gas it should be fine. I am using it in a shrimp tank and it’s working fine now. But it does recommend you do a 50% water change weekly.
just to clerify. Thrive+ is considered Regular?
 

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,201
Reaction score
3,539
Location
NC
Experience
3 years
Thive+ is the most concentrated, so it's good for tanks with a high nutrient demand - that would be high light and injected CO2. It's designed for acidic conditions, which high tech tanks have, due to the CO2. If you have any form of injected gaseous CO2 you're usually considered high tech, though usually this is accompanied by high light and other additives/equipment.

Originally there was only regular Thrive and Thrive+. Thrive+ if you have acidic conditions, Thrive if you're anything else. Then Colin added C for low tech and S for shrimp. Going to anything from Thrive+ is technically a downgrade, as you'll see from the nutrient analysis.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #10
OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,647
Reaction score
405
Location
Costa Mesa, CA
Experience
2 years
-Mak- said:
Thive+ is the most concentrated, so it's good for tanks with a high nutrient demand - that would be high light and injected CO2. It's designed for acidic conditions, which high tech tanks have, due to the CO2. If you have any form of injected gaseous CO2 you're usually considered high tech, though usually this is accompanied by high light and other additives/equipment.

Originally there was only regular Thrive and Thrive+. Thrive+ if you have acidic conditions, Thrive if you're anything else. Then Colin added C for low tech and S for shrimp. Going to anything from Thrive+ is technically a downgrade, as you'll see from the nutrient analysis.
so if everything is a downgrade from +. should i just keep using it then? i noticed my sword is turning yellow from the leaf tips, i havent seen a melting period from the sword so i dont really know what to think. worried im not giving it right food or not
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
116
Guests online
2,522
Total visitors
2,638

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom