Am I The Only Person Who Likes Algea?

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I love the way it looks on everything. I just clean it off the front glass and occasionally scape it off the back and sides if it gets too crazy but my fish and snail love nibbling all day.
Haha maybe in a few months I'll be posting, "help! My tank us overrun by algea!"

Suzanne2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Lol :-D Nope you are not alone. I kinda like the algea in my tank but all my little critters keep it pretty well cleaned up. I just give the glass a bit of a cleaning and let the plants and rocks get cleaned by the snails and copepods...

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I like it too! Gives the tank a more "natural" look. Well, the normal brown diatom and green soft algaes anyway

JaksAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Rtessy said:
I like it too! Gives the tank a more "natural" look. Well, the normal brown diatom and green soft algaes anyway
Ikr it plus my fish/shrimp love munching it

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I like the way the algae is growing on a couple ornaments in our tanks, adds a sense of realism. Don't care for it on the glass though.

Vaughn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have a 5 gallon tank with patches of brown algae everywhere and I like to think of it as my glass pond but my mom thinks it’s disgusting. The water in there is clean it’s just full of tannins from the driftwood and the glass that looks bad haha. I like a bit of algae here and there because it makes the tank look more natural and more like an ecosystem than a box of water.

RuralGuppykeeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I like a little bit of green algae, its free, natural, and low/no maintenance to keep. Algae is not always quite as low maintenance to keep in check however.

JAMarlow

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love the look of green algae on rocks and decorations. Brown, not so much. Depends on the shade of brown. Meanwhile, the shrimp and snails love it. They are always snacking away.

JaksAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
JAMarlow said:
I love the look of green algae on rocks and decorations. Brown, not so much. Depends on the shade of brown. Meanwhile, the shrimp and snails love it. They are always snacking away.
I hate brown algae it is impossible to get off the glass I also hate hair algae it killed all my plants once

WetRootsNH

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Algae and I have a love/hate relationship.
It loves to grow in my tank when I get lazy about maintenance and I hate it.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love several types of algae.
47016ab7c7cbaa41dd874cd8c32097a9.jpg
5e2f890f9b74f9326ab1fad6f0b2a9c2.jpg

Nutterbutterkay

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I like it as well! I'm trying to let it build up but my Cory just loves it.

Cicca

Valued Member
Reaction score
I got some seeding rocks from my LFS, I asked them to pluck out the ones that had vibrant green algae growing on it. Like little puff balls of yummy goodness!
I remove the brown stuff because it's not pretty, but I love the bright green stuff.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom