am i the only fish snob here?

SereneReyn
I feel really weird saying this, but i've found that there are many fish that just plain don't interest me... I would never keep them, I don't even like watching them at a petstore... and many of them are VERY popular fish.

so I find myself wondering if other people have 'least favorite' fish like I do... and what are they? or am I just a snob, like I said?

sgould
Absolutely. You're a snob. >

(JK...it had to be done!)

Drea
that's what I like about the forum....

Coryd55
The only fish I will not keep is goldfish. I despise them especially the fancy ones with bubbles and strange body shapes. They kinda gross me out. I will keep anything else. except tattoos of course. Oh yeah and African BUtterfly Fish. They are really weird and kinda scare me =)

KittieKat
I don't think ure a snob at all!!! there are a lot of fish id rather not ever look at.. I don't want to mention what they are because I know many people would not like to hear it

Tavel
I don't think ure a snob at all!!! there are a lot of fish id rather not ever look at.. I don't want to mention what they are because I know many people would not like to hear it

like what...

have to agree though, I won't keep those "fancy" goldfish that look like products of nuclear contamination.

Peterpiper
I am a fish snob!!!! o the shame!! I hate any thing that has carp in it! Well its more to do with the people who think they are doing the right thing by releasing them into our waterways.. and they tast funny! ( joke..ok.. only a joke! )

MissMTS
I think it is completely normal to have an aversion to different types of fish. I don't like goldfish at all. There are other kind of fish that kinda bore me like mollies and platies. However, I realize that the more tanks I set up, the more kind of fish I am interested in.

Allie
I am too....I really don't like live bearers. I find they really don't interact with you like the fish I am keeping now. We won't keep hybrid either.

FL CommunityFans
I refuse to get any type of tetra. They don't appeal to me in any fashion. I also won't get most livebearers (save the guppies I used for cycling and the platy's in my daughters tank)

As far as community fish go, I prefer corys > loaches > plecos > honey gouramis and that's a bout it.

Dino
Yeah the only things I like are the 100 or so species I am keeping now.

Allie

Lucy
That's funny.

I don't care for mollies, I like their colors, but not the shape of their head. lol.....sorry mollie keepers.

I like tetras.....and of course bettas.

Richard
Seeing how snobbish my livebearers are, it'd be interesting to hear what they think of humans.. especially those who think they're boring ;D

Lucy
Seeing how snobbish my livebearers are, it'd be interesting to hear what they think of humans.. especially those who think they're boring ;D

voiceless_kat

Ahhh Dino.....always making us laugh & smile!!!

Val

COBettaCouple
I enjoy each species for what they are and love to see how differently they act. Our livebearers interact with us, especially the Ameca Splendens. I don't really have fish I don't like now, but I just have favorites I guess.

Chief_waterchanger
I agree with Dave.

I think each fish has its pros and cons, but each one should be enjoyed and celebrated for what it is. Dino and I have livebearers (guppies, mollies, platies, swordtails, etc), egg layers, egg scatterers, mouth brooders and enjoy them all for different reasons. I don't dislike any fish. (I do agree that those nuclear fallout goldfish are ugly, though.)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
INeedHelpLol
Replies
Views
JLeeM
Replies
Views
IchthyPen
  • Question
Replies