Am I sick? or just crazy....

1. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Well, i walked 6 miles with a 5g on the street. People just stared...
    LOL

Ahhh the things we do for our fin kids LOL :party0004:

Just had to share :p

Whats the craziest thing you've done for your fish? please share :)

:;hi1

2. click Well Known Member Member

The craziest thing I've done? Well not much in my 2 months of fishkeeping, only the fact that I started a syphon from my H tank by sucking out the air (remember the guppy with camallanus?)....yeah...the rest is obvious;:barf

3. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

:;laughing EEEW!!! :giggle: that must've been... interesting... i can totally imagine your reaction :giggle:

4. jgon_ Well Known Member Member

Once drove about 5hrs each way to get a shipment of fish for our lab.

5. steed1172 Well Known Member Member

wait... my haz... a unique question for you....where were you going with that 5g?... just a pleasant scenic walk?:giggle:

6. click Well Known Member Member

You know, it would have been crazier if the 5g was already set up and stocked :;laughing...taking the fish for a walk:;laughing

7. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:;lg:;laughing:;lg That's so sweet of you to take your fishies for a walk, Tony!

When I found five bucks on the ground, we went and bought shrimp pellets for the fishies; my husband and I had been eating rice for a week because we didn't have any money to buy groceries until the end of the month.

Gotta put our pets' needs first! :)

8. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL

check my new thread :p

NOoooo, the owner of this tank is already here with me ;) she is in a breeder net :)

TOTALLY correct :D I would rather get a tank than a memory card for my cell :giggle:

9. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

A few stories: Purchased Traveler this summer and walked more then a half hour each way to get him. :p
    On my last batch of fish baby purchases I walked quite a ways with them in a back pack (after stopping at wally and picking up plastic containers so the bag wouldn't leak.
    I've bought fish last year and more then 20 below and sat waiting for the bus with them stuffed inside my parka.
    When I bought my 32 Gallon we used a friends car and it rode shotgun and buckled up though Saskatoon :p

10. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Oh I have one, I was at my grandparents house and I visited a lfs and they had a pair of kribs but my mom wouldn't let me buy and so I threw a fit and kept begging because I have been wanting kribs very badly, well finnally she gave in and I got the fish! But then my dad made me pay for the :;toast because we went out of the way and I made him miss part of his football game. Well those fish went on a 2 1/2 hour car trip

11. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL fish in a parka... LOL when i bought a DG a long time ago (rip) i pout him in my jacket (it was black) so he wouldnt get stressed :giggle:

2 1/2 hour car ride :;laughing

12. steed1172 Well Known Member Member

hmm.... maybe there should be a national holiday called "walk a fish day":;sh

13. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

:;laughing LOL that would be interesting :giggle:

14. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kdnCEgYotU

after we had lost power for 4 days, my daughter trying to help the oscars out...I didnt have the heart to tell her blowing in the tank isnt the oxygen they need :;rl and that her little straw, wasnt going to do much anyhow :;laughing

15. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

:;laughing Ive seen this video on youtube before :p i always wondered why you were doing that :giggle:

16. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:;laughing omg Shawnie! :;rl How did you not die laughing?!?!

I know what you mean though. That's just too sweet a gesture to discourage her! :;nw I'm not sure if I would've even thought of trying.

17. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

My big mouth was dieing in the background ...oops LOL
    and i couldnt discourage her as i wanted to tape it ;D (black mail when shes older ya know ;) )

18. bubblefish Member Member

That must have been quite a sight. The craziest for me? well, you've just read my "feeder goldfish" thread. A few hundred bucks after it's all said and done to keep the three of them.

19. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Lol

20. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

I think Shawnie's Daughter wins :D